II Basic Module
For an overview see GelCompar.
processing and normalization
- Input of 8-bit, 12-bit and 16-bit TIFF
images, densitograms, and chromatograms of unlimited filesize.
- Automatic lane finding on images for all types
- Gelstrip borders and tracking splines adjustable
for each individual lane.
Automated and manual alignment by pattern recognition
using external reference patterns and/or internal
- On-screen normalization of TIFF images
with indication of reliability and possible
- Direct processing of ABI chromatogram
files with inline reference tracks.
- Adjustable background
subtraction by rolling disk method.
curve smoothing by Savitsky-Golay algorithms.
Integrated Biological Database
- Powerful relational database.
description by up to 30 information fields, up to 80
characters long each.
- Easy drag & drop linkage of
multiple experiments to database entries.
- Fast search
engine for combined database searches on different
information fields, including wildcards.
- Storage and
management of database queries.
- Imaging of any selection
of patterns by normalized 2D-bitmap strips, densitograms
or reconstructed patterns.
- Multi-database system, each
database can contain many different fingerprint types.
- Direct comparison of differently normalized patterns
through automatic MW remapping functions.
database exchange functions using the Bundles concept.
For further details please download
the BioNumerics/GelCompar pdf brochure.